Wednesday 16 May 2007

Adventures in the Midlands



Well after a quick trip up the M4 and a dodgy Hot Dog Mike was lucky to bump into an old mate he used to sit with who got up into the members only Pub where nostalgia hit over a couple of pints and I remembered many Bristol derbies. Thanks Steve for getting us in.



I love night football as the sounds, sights and smells seem to intensify under the floodlights. Its almost as realistic as watching it on Sky HD ;-)





The match itself was pretty scrappy, but end to end with all the tension of a local Derby. A great cross set up Phillips for a 65th minute header but the baggies nearly threw the lead away straight after with an own goal. Luckily Sam Sodje saved his own error off the line and I could breathe again.

As a neutral I found myself a home fan but I have to say the Wolves fans put on a good show. I'm glad that West Brom won, as I imagine the police were, but if they do go up it deprives the fans of the agony and ecstacy of the local derbies.



Part of this blog was written on the way back on the Nokia N95 with all pictures taken in auto on e-mail setting (0.8 mp)

0 comments: