Tuesday 9 October 2007

Brussels Experiment No 1 - Grand Place using autostitch

Took a whole set of very quick pictures around the Grand Place in Brussels using my Nokias Camera Function. I just made sure they overlapped. Then I just used Autostitch and voila a panorama is produced.



Clearly with a bit more effort (for example taking more pictures of the sky,putting the church in the middle of the panorama rather than at the end and standing in the centre of the square) the results might be brilliant. But as a 5 minute first effort I think Autostitch is well worth further effort.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Bit Side's Panoman application?
www.panoman.net

You can create a 360 degree panaromic picture if you wanted to?

Wavey Davey said...

No I've never seen that before, but will give that a go at some point.

Thanks for the pointer.

Presumably you cannot add layers (I.E. you can only go horizontal or vertical but not both)