Friday 23 October 2009

Playing with Google Wave and Embedded Blogs

Well One Year and 3 Months Ago on this Jaiku post (gotta love Jaiku) I wrote

"What I've always thought would be good was to be able to use a microblog embedded into popular blogs as comments. This wouldn't work if you set up your own microblog but a feature such as Jaikus channels that you could have member posting and guest posting (using a Capatcha or something) would be ace. Maybe some open source guru could build that into Laconica/Identi.ca"

There was more to it than just that, but read the post if you are bored and you'll see. Anyway I was alerted to Disqus which was sort of getting there and has improved since.

Anyway, Jaiku had its issues, but seems to be coming back into its own and I moved to Twitter (the shame). I still however like the idea of threaded conversations embedded into blogs, but built around a community.

Could Google Wave be the answer?

Hopefully below is an embedded wave on which you could comment. I'm not sure if those not on wave can see it. Either way add your thoughts and comments to Wave or Disqus below.








blog comments powered by Disqus